Unfortunately I need to sell my car, the 1M has been in the family for 8 months now and it’s been fantastic. So to selling it online at carsales.com.au
I wonder about the way people do that. What do you say, how do you portray the condition of the car and the important stuff. So I was browsing and checked out what I thought was important in a car ad:
1. Please don’t CAPITALIZE every letter: Capital letters are akin to shouting, when you shout at people they don’t respond well. Also your description just became diabolical to read because humans use shapes of words as much if not more than the spelling to scan the sentence you just laid out.
2. Be Honest: Did you track your car? If you did well it just wore out a bunch of parts like tyres/suspension/brakes/filters etc. Maybe you just passed that problem to some unlucky sod… now the reputation of that make just got tarnished, congratulations. Alternatively if you’re a granny on the road that generally works in your favour, mechanically anyway.
3. Take photos: It happens, you scour carsales for that particular Mazda MX-5 (Miata to most of the world). It’s white and by some miracle the keyword match is showing “Work Equip”, “Lowered” and by some miracle “Rotary” with 1 result. Oh Shi- this could be messy… for me. Your finger clicks “Search” and the result is a posting with “No picture available”… W…T…F. Just don’t bother unless you have pictures of your car, as they say “Pics or it didn’t happen”. This brings us to the next point…
4. Take good quality pictures: Good light which is morning or afternoon, midday is washed out. Find a nice park somewhere and snap some good shots (3/4 front/back, interior, dash, damage).
5. Wash your car: it’s a bit silly posting pics of your week old dirt that somehow has a car attached to it. “Looks a bit like the kind of crap you get from a week of rain and road dirt… oh and the silver M3 attached to it is alright too”
The rest is up to your sense of humour or creativity. If you have pointers share them!
Oh yeah and before I forget we are off to Singapore! The Kokstars will be united again and we’re going to be bringing our thoughts and experiences to you from the same place!
Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year.