This one is for next year, or just whenever you want something yummy to snack on! I actually baked these on Anzac Day (for a bit of home) and used them as a dessert, served with vanilla ice cream and creme brulee ice cream. They turn out a bit chewy which is awesome.
Makes approx. 20 cookies.
85g rolled oats
146g brown sugar
47g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
3. Melt butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter has melted. Then stir in bicarbonate of soda.
4. Stir butter mixture into oat mixture.
5. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. This may take a bit of work because the mixture tends to break apart. However, with some pressure and a bit of heat from your hands, it works fine.
6. Place the balls onto the tray, leaving at least 3cm between each one, and flatten them slightly. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes and then stand on the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve alone or with ice cream.