When the evenings get cold, a stew is the perfect, comforting solution.
It’s heating up over here in Germany, but in many parts of the world it’s stew time, so here is something to keep you warm and satisfied.
Recipe for 2-3 Portions.
4-5 Potatoes (optional – I left these out because we’re trying to avoid carbs)
200g minced meat (up to you which type of meat – I used pork, quantity can be increased when not including potatoes)
800ml vegetable stock
1. Peel the carrots, potatoes and onion and then dice them into cubes.
2. Take away the first layer of the leek and cut off a few centimetres from each end. Cut the leek longways in half and slice it into half-rings, washing the leek at the end.
3. Put the butter into a pot and then add all half of the onion and all of the vegetables. Sear the vegetables, stirring along the way.
4. Add the vegetable stock to the pot and turn heat down to low for 15 minutes.
5. During this time, mix the minced meat with the rest of the onion, as well as some salt and pepper.
6. Form the minced meat mixture into small, bite-sized balls and add them to the pot. Cook for 20 minutes and then season to taste.