I love a good bruschetta, which is why I thought to myself yesterday…why have I never tried to make my own?? It was about time, and I thought I’d share the delicious and simple recipe with you!
Makes enough for 3-4 people as an entree.
4 large tomatoes
2 large onions
2 cloves of garlic
8-10 basil leaves (to taste)
1 ciabatta roll
salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 180C.
2. Dice the tomatoes and onions and mix them in a bowl.
3. Press the garlic and stir it into the mixture.
4. Season with pepper and salt.
5. Add chopped up basil.
6. Slice the ciabatta roll into 2cm slices and drizzle some olive oil on each slice and then put them in the oven.
7. Add a generous amount of olive oil to the tomato/onion mixture and stir.
8. When the bread slices are golden brown, take them out of the oven and top with the tomato mixture.
Voila! You can add some fresh basil on top of the bruschetta for presentation or just gobble it all up!
Also, expert tip: if you have left-over mixture, mix it with some spaghetti sauce and eat with some spaghetti!