Our freezer died on us recently, but luckily for us, we didn’t all that much in it. Some ice cream, some frozen bread roll for emergencies, and some frozen spinach.
We ate most of the ice cream that very evening after discovering our little ‘problem’ and then had to decide what to do with the spinach.
about 6 potatoes
Frozen (or better yet, fresh) spinach
1. Preheat the oven to about 220 degrees celcius. Peel and prepare the potatoes as you would for Hasselback Potatoes and put them in the oven.
2. Peel and cut the carrots into strips and put them into a hot pan with some butter. Cook until golden brown. Remove the carrots.
3. Cut the onions into quarters and put into the pan.
4. Put the spinach into a pot and cook until defrosted or if fresh, until wilted.
5. Slice the zucchini as thin an possible and add to the pan. Cook the vegetables until they are light brown.
6. Serve the vegetables and enjoy! Make a dipping sauce out of quark or sour cream with your choice of herbs.