My first question here was, what is ‘broiled’?? Turns out, it’s not so hard!
Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to take pics of this because I made it while we had guests, but I can guarantee that it’ll be yummy! It’s also quick to make and a party pleaser.
Makes 7 servings.
4 bananas (or more, if you have large serving bowls – in this case, 1 banana per person)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp melted butter (I don’t have a microwave so I melted the butter in a pan)
Raspberries and/or Strawberries
Frozen Yoghurt/Ice Cream of your choice
1. Pre-heat the oven at about 150 degrees celcius and if using frozen fruits, defrost now.
2. Halve the bananas lengthwise.
3. Mix the sugar and pinch of salt. Optional: you can mix in some cinnamon as well.
4. Brush the bananas with the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mix.
5. To broil the bananas: Wrap the bananas in foil and put into the oven for about 3 minutes.
6. Serve the bananas with the raspberries/strawberries (I used both!) and top with a scoop of ice cream/frozen yoghurt. Additionally you can add shaved chopped chocolate and nuts, or just make a dessert bar so everyone can customise their banana split!