Our freezer died on us recently, but luckily for us, we didn’t all that much in it. Some ice cream, some frozen bread roll for emergencies, and some frozen spinach.
We ate most of the ice cream that very evening after discovering our little ‘problem’ and then had to decide what to do with the spinach.
My first question here was, what is ‘broiled’?? Turns out, it’s not so hard!
Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to take pics of this because I made it while we had guests, but I can guarantee that it’ll be yummy! It’s also quick to make and a party pleaser.
Makes 7 servings.
4 bananas (or more, if you have large serving bowls – in this case, 1 banana per person)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp melted butter (I don’t have a microwave so I melted the butter in a pan)
Raspberries and/or Strawberries
Frozen Yoghurt/Ice Cream of your choice
1. Pre-heat the oven at about 150 degrees celcius and if using frozen fruits, defrost now.
2. Halve the bananas lengthwise.
3. Mix the sugar and pinch of salt. Optional: you can mix in some cinnamon as well.
4. Brush the bananas with the melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mix.
5. To broil the bananas: Wrap the bananas in foil and put into the oven for about 3 minutes.
6. Serve the bananas with the raspberries/strawberries (I used both!) and top with a scoop of ice cream/frozen yoghurt. Additionally you can add shaved chopped chocolate and nuts, or just make a dessert bar so everyone can customise their banana split!